Novel advanced medicines can be curative for serious diseases where drugs are unable to do so.
Many of these advanced medicines are personalized genetic medicines, made from a patient’s own cells, genetically-modified to treat the disease.
Patient cells are removed, modified with a vector expressing a therapeutic gene, and then reinfused back to the patient.
While curative in many cases, patient-specific genetic medicines are more costly to produce than drugs.
The current cost of such medicines is greater than $350,000 per product – this price is not sustainable in developed countries, restricts their access, particularly to underserved communities and those in low- and middle-income countries (LMIC).
We accelerate the development of advanced medicines and improve their access by supporting lower-cost manufacturing at the place-of-care, and foster the development of novel disruptive technologies that further push the envelope on improving affordability and access.
We believe cures should be universally available for an affordable cost.
Through education and collaboration, we can overcome the challenge together.
At our events you’ll learn about:
- Cutting edge research from the investigators that are leading the development of advanced medicinal cures.
- How advanced medicines can be curative for patients with certain serious diseases and why more research is needed for others.
- Technology education on the science behind CAR-T cells and other advanced medicines.
- How some hospitals are making their own advanced medicines like CAR-T cells with excellent clinical results.
- How to manufacture advanced medicines at place-of-care with informative step-by-step educational videos.
- New disruptive technologies that support innovative approaches for cures.
- How to impact advanced medicine access in underserved, marginalized or impoverished communities.
- How to support the development of curative therapies with innovative funding models.
- Strategies that support affordable and sustainable commercialization of advanced medicines.
Our educational events:
Talks from investigators about their work on developing advanced medicines and technologies.
Keep current with scientific and industry updates.
Educational talks and videos on how advanced medicines are made, and the science behind them.
Talks and panels that discuss how to expand access of advanced medicines around the world.